I hope you will follow my journey through Shanghai with twocities art gallery to plan a community art event...

Wednesday, June 23, 2010



MANGOSTEEN!
This is probably my favorite new fruit I have met here in China! The rind is very tough and dry. The outside reminds me of an eggplant but is about the size of a peach. The flesh cleanly peals away from the rind looking like a head of garlic. The fruit has a texture which I feel like is a cross between a peach and a grape. The taste - DELICIOUS. Kind of like a grapekiwipeach. I'm going to bring some home.





4 comments:

  1. It's like a lychee! Do they have those there?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, you go right on ahead and try to bring some fruits into the US. I tried that once from Mexico and I might as well have had cocaine. But the fruit looks cool anyway!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. i some how snuck strawberries on the ferry from france to england...evidently HIGHLY illegal...but good luck and love the look/description

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fellow Chef,
    I miss cooking soooo much! I finally got the chance to grill, but it's just not the same! In 5 weeks I'll be cooking all of my favorite dishes again, slightly inspired by Kenyan cuisine. Your post gets me SUPER excited about exotic foods and blending them into my American cuisine.

    ReplyDelete