I hope you will follow my journey through Shanghai with twocities art gallery to plan a community art event...

Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Paper shop... and a taste of home!



If you're reading this, then you probably know me. If you know me then you know that there are few things in this world that excite me more than art / craft supplies! I like lookin at 'em. I like touchin 'em. I like EVERYTHING about wandering through a good paper store. I don't know if it's the possibility that lies within the object or if it's an obsession (i.e. David Monteith / Books). It's probably a combination. All I know is that I found the mother of all arts and craft stores yesterday (way better than hob lob... high quality products / none of the nonsense of cheesy sit-arounds, fake flowers, and crafts-in-a-box... just AWESOME materials, from paper to markers to paint to brushes to AHHHH... EVERYTHING!) Anyway, I'll save you from any more of this. Bottom line: I now have a fully loaded arsenal of materials to make homemade thank you cards for everyone who's helping me with my project! Boo yah!
Another simple pleasure... KRAFT MAC AND CHEESE... not an imitation, THE REAL DEAL. Trenia and I went grocery shopping yesterday and stumbled upon this little jewel! Needless to say, we put away the whole box. The featured item was accompanied by some apple slices, orange fanta, and some dark chocolate for dessert! We did eat the mac and cheese with chop sticks, so that should count for something!

5 comments:

  1. I can't believe you found the real deal macaroni and you aren't going to use it in an arts and crafts project. blasphemy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Confession: my mom sent me boxes and boxes of kraft mac and cheese during the two years I lived in a Tanzanian village.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I want a card just because I like them. Also, mac and cheese date when we get back? Thought so.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Bec, guess you gave up on your no american food goal!...definitely makes it okay though since you ate it w/ chopsticks :) You crack me up!

    ReplyDelete