I hope you will follow my journey through Shanghai with twocities art gallery to plan a community art event...

Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Distractions are my FORTE!


I single handedly derailed progress this afternoon. I was obsessed with the cement pouring in the area around the gallery this morning. I don’t know why, but wet pavement is like a magnetic force drawing me in without escape! I jokingly (but secretly very seriously) mentioned how much fun it would be to write our names in the sidewalk or break some of our ceramic pieces and make a mosaic at the gallery entrance!





Before I knew it… We were ALL outside… Best. Day. Ever.












Mosaics... will take place tomorrow! The ceramic pieces are staged and ready!

7 comments:

  1. How cute are you! so artsy and energetic! I love that you convinced the construction workers to do it too!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Even in China - everybody loves you. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Distractions are the best! In fact, right now, your blog is distracting me from preparing for 2 days of back to back facilitation. Your ability to distract is global.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Now that is sustainability!!! It'll be there long after you've gone.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Make sure to post the "after" picture!

    ReplyDelete